Bring your little one to IKEA Houston for FREE story time classics and FREE kids meals every Tuesday in July from 12 – 2 p.m.
And this storytime is not just one person reading books… oh no, these storytellers come from Houston Clown Fun and feature costumed characters, magicians, balloon-benders and more.
Plus, while you are there, you can also take advantage of IKEA’s always free supervised play area for potty trained children between 37″ to 54″ to let your kids play while you wander around the store, shop and get great affordable decorating and de-cluttering ideas. (Click over to see how I used some of their products to cleanup and organize our craft room.)
SAGOSTUND (STORY TIME) TUESDAYS
WHEN: Every Tuesday in July, 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: IKEA Houston Restaurant (I-10 and Antoine, second floor)
- · July 3 – It’s red, white and blue fun with Auntie Samantha and Ms. America as they host games and tell stories with a Fourth of July twist!
- · July 10 – Mother Goose and Shortcakes Your Story Lady tell the story of Aladdin. Kids can rub Aladdin’s magical lamp for good luck and a treat from the Cave of Wonders!
- · July 17 – Mother Goose and Shortcakes Your Story Lady return to read the classic story The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper. Prizes and balloons for every kid who thinks they can!
- · July 24 – Mother Goose and Shortcakes Your Story Lady tell the story of Wide-Mouthed Frog. The children and his friends in the forest help him outwit the mean alligator who wants to eat him! Prizes and balloons for everyone!
- · July 31 – Mother Goose presents Chalsey Morrow – The Texas Twister and her famous Balloon Time Theatre. The Texas Twister will tell stories as she makes fun balloon figures for kids.
IKEA Houston is located at 7810 Katy Freeway, on I-10 near Antoine. Additional information on storytimes and the store in general is available at www.ikeahouston.com, www.facebook.com/IKEAHOU or 713-688-7867.Filed under FREE events, Texas | Comments Off